11 August 2006
Aren't there Enough Blogs in this World Already????
Yeah, probably. But, here I am... and here you are. So, why not?!?

The impetus for starting this blog comes from a class I'm doing with the Beeson spouses. (see Bryan's Blog for more info about Beeson & why we're here.) We (the spouses) are learning "Who Am I? And What Does God Want for Me to Do About It?" (Thank you Ginny Muse who put together this wonderful program!) The first week was a Myer's-Brigg / Keirsey personality analysis. I am an INFJ (for those of you are interested.) We're also reading Your Personality and the Spiritual Life by Reginald Johnson as part of this. Great book! I highly recommend it.

I have discovered a lot about myself. I won't write about all of it here. (It's probably quite boring to everyone, except me!) But, in Reg's book he suggests ways to nourish faith based on each personality type. One way for me to nourish my faith is through creative writing. I've kept a journal for years now, but I've never shared any of that. Another thing Reg (Ginny calls him "Reg" so I figure I can too.) says

"The fruits of your rich inner life will sometimes be a vital source of inspiration to those around you. The goodness of this gift for the community will depend not only on how much you trust and develop your intuition, but also on how much you are willing to entrust your insights to others."

So, what better way to share myself with the world than through a blog? (Yeah, I know, there are lots of better ways! LOL!) So, one of the goals of this blog is to share some of the insights I have into the meaning of life. But, there will be times when the blog will be about other stuff. (Just trying to help you figure out if you want to waste your time reading this...)

Hope ya'll are having a great day!

posted by Aimee @ 12:10 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Aimee
Home: Lima, Ohio, United States
About Me: I own and run 123 Design Studio, a custom web and graphic design studio. I am mother to four wonderful boys: Max, age 10, Xavier, age 7, Eli, age 3, and Toby, age 1. Bryan & I have been married for 18 (mostly wonderful LOL) years. I eat excessive amounts of sugar and laugh inappropriately.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Other Wastes of Your Time
Some of my Favorite Reads