25 September 2006
Sorrow
It hit me just a few minutes ago while I was standing in the line at Fitch’s IGA waiting to buy my hotdogs and marshmallows. It's hit me before, but it's very vivid right now for reasons I will talk about later in this post. Here's what it is: every person has a broken heart. We are broken people, living in a broken world. Every single one of us has pain that we have tucked away into the deepest parts of our soul. Some of us carry that pain on the outside, but many of us hide it away and keep it to ourselves. The woman who rang up my cookout food smiled and wished me a nice day. How has her day been? What has she been going through lately? How many times have I been unkind to people because they were too slow, or not very good at their job? How many times have I added to their personal sorrow? How many times have I made the world a darker place rather than a lighter place? I'm sure the number is much higher than I would care to admit.
Here's a picture of my mom holding Eli just moments after he was born. It's my favorite picture of her. She, my mom, called about an hour ago. Her liver cancer is back. (Brief history: She had brain cancer about 3 years ago. The brain tumor was inoperable, but radiation cured it. She had liver cancer (unrelated to the brain cancer) about a year-and-a-half ago. They removed 2/3 of her liver and thought they got it all. As a result of these two cancers she has blood work and scans done every three months.) Her scans and blood work last week showed the liver cancer is back. It looks like there are 15-20 different spots on the scan. They are doing more tests, including a needle biopsy on Thursday of this week. She meets with her oncologist, Dr. Sarwar, on Friday and she might begin chemo on Friday as well.
I'm kind of in shock at this point. I would appreciate your prayers for my mom and my family. I just hate to see her go through all this again.
I'll post more as I know more.
joy & peace,
Aimee

Labels:

posted by Aimee @ 5:55 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Aimee
Home: Lima, Ohio, United States
About Me: I own and run 123 Design Studio, a custom web and graphic design studio. I am mother to four wonderful boys: Max, age 10, Xavier, age 7, Eli, age 3, and Toby, age 1. Bryan & I have been married for 18 (mostly wonderful LOL) years. I eat excessive amounts of sugar and laugh inappropriately.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Other Wastes of Your Time
Some of my Favorite Reads