13 December 2006
Italian food & stomach flu
My Mom had a good appointment at the James Center yesterday. She goes back on Friday to meet with the head of Radiology & begin testing to see if this specialized radiation is an option for her. My Dad said the doctor was very upbeat & optimistic. So, keep praying & we'll see what happens.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are the House o' Puke right now. Eli developed the stomach flu Monday night. He started throwing up at 9:30 pm and continued through that whole night. (I quit counting at throw-up number 10, which was 3:35 am.) He was pretty lethargic all day yesterday & didn't keep anything down. He nursed briefly two times during the night last night & kept those down so I let him have a big, long nursing session this morning. He promptly vomited it all back up, and Max, who was watching, said, "Cool!" But, overall, I do think Eli is feeling better today (judging by the fact that he gets really angry when I only let him have a couple of sips of water rather than a full cup) and I think we're past the worst of it with him.

Xavier was feeling yucky last night & developed a fever. I kept him in bed next to me so I could keep an eye on him. He's not puking, but he has this horrible sounding cough. I really hope this isn't a different virus. Two viruses at the same time could wipe out our house for weeks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Beeson Pastors & Spouses had a big get-together at Bella Notte last night, courtesy of the Beeson program. Bryan went alone since I was home with sick boys. He felt bad going without me since Bella Notte is my favorite restaurant. I've been there twice & I absolutely love it! Bryan offered multiple times to stay with the boys & let me enjoy a night out with friends & good food. But, I'm the Mom, and that's the person that sick little boys want. Isn't that what we all want when we're feeling yucky? That person who will love us & comfort us & do everything possible to help our upside-down world be righted? So, I missed out on what sounds like a very enjoyable evening, but I was doing what I needed to be doing. There are so many times in my life that I'm not doing "what I need to be doing," that it's good to be able to say that about last night. And, Bryan brought home an order of Chicken Marsala for me. (I had it for breakfast!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope your days is blessed with laughter & pleasant surprises.

Labels: ,

posted by Aimee @ 8:59 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At December 15, 2006 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I still want my mom when I am sick...makes Joe crazy...hehehe! Sorry about the puke! Still praying for your mom! Love, you favorite Amy with a Y :o)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Aimee
Home: Lima, Ohio, United States
About Me: I own and run 123 Design Studio, a custom web and graphic design studio. I am mother to four wonderful boys: Max, age 10, Xavier, age 7, Eli, age 3, and Toby, age 1. Bryan & I have been married for 18 (mostly wonderful LOL) years. I eat excessive amounts of sugar and laugh inappropriately.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Other Wastes of Your Time
Some of my Favorite Reads