01 September 2007
It's Been a While
Well, it's been a while since I've posted anything. But, if you're reading this, then you already know that! LOL
I saw that last week I had 26 unique hits, which amazes me. I haven't posted since March and yet, here you are, ever hopeful, ever optimistic. So, for you, my hopeful, optimistic, never-say-die readers here is a new post. :)

Random thoughts bouncing around my head like Bludgers:
  • Just finished watching Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone with my boys. We borrowed the book on CD and Max and I really got into it. So much so, that we both read the book because it was going to take over 7 hours to listen to it on CD. Max has found that the hour-and-fifteen-minute bus ride home from school makes for good reading time. (Xavier has discovered that same bus ride makes for a nice, after-school nap.) So, anyway, we both finished the book (Max reading on the bus, me reading at night) and tonight we rented the movie. Quite an excellent story. Not sure how I feel about the wizard/witch thing, but it is an excellent story. I can see why it is so wildly popular.
  • Still not very excited about being pregnant a fourth time. Bryan gets upset with me when I say things like that. He will lean over and yell at my belly, "We love you, Baby and we can't wait to see you!" Yeah.... Guess who's going to be changing the diapers at 3 AM.... It's not that I don't want a fourth child. This child will be much loved in this family by all of us. I have no doubt about that. It's just that I was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Those of you with multiple children know what I'm talking about. You get to a point where your kids are somewhat independent and they don't need you 24/7. Some women love being needed 24/7. I would not be one of those women. I crave solitude and space—two things that are in precious short supply when you have children under the age of three in the house. But, God has His reasons and I should not doubt him. And, I am learning to stay in the present. (Because the future scares the beejeezus out of me!) When I start worrying about how it's all going to work after the baby is born, I remind myself that God says,
    Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. The Message version is good too: Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes. And the NLT is a good one too: So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today.

    So, I just keep plugging away, staying in today and (trying) to let tomorrow worry about tomorrow.
  • Xavier started kindergarten this week. He loves it. Both he and Max have second-year teachers. Both teachers look so young! But, they both seem very gentle and nice. Max was relieved to find good friends in his class. Boys that he knew from before and was good friends with before. That was a wonderful blessing from God. Xavier didn't know any of the kids in his class going in. He hasn't talked much yet about the other kids. I hope and pray that he makes a few good friends this year. He's such a tender soul. He seems to bruise easily and I think that good friends would help protect those tender places.
  • I am actively working on three new websites right now with one more in the hopper. It's a busy, busy time. I don't have anything from those new sites that I can post yet, but I've been doing quite a bit of graphic design work for the church. I just completed the new design for the Shawnee UMC logo. Here's a sneak peek: http://www.shawneeumc.com/sumc_earth_logo.jpg (It's pretty cool, if I do say so myself.) Here's another logo I did. This one is for Harvest for the Hungry, our huge food drive for the West Ohio Food Bank. http://www.shawneeumc.com/harvest.html
  • OK, have to get the boys to bed. They've been running around downstairs... mostly trying to maim one another I think. But, no one has been injured to the point of running up here to tell me. So, I guess they're OK. LOL
Thanks for reading. I will try to post more regularly. And, maybe, just maybe, about things that are a little more interesting! LOL
A

Labels: , , ,

posted by Aimee @ 9:17 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At September 05, 2007 6:07 AM, Blogger Seven Layers said…

    Good to have you back blogging. It's been quite a while. I know its hard to update and find the time. Thanks for sharing how your life is right now.

     
  • At September 10, 2007 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love your honesty! i love that you are my friend...we are still friends right....lol....love, Amy

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Aimee
Home: Lima, Ohio, United States
About Me: I own and run 123 Design Studio, a custom web and graphic design studio. I am mother to four wonderful boys: Max, age 10, Xavier, age 7, Eli, age 3, and Toby, age 1. Bryan & I have been married for 18 (mostly wonderful LOL) years. I eat excessive amounts of sugar and laugh inappropriately.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Other Wastes of Your Time
Some of my Favorite Reads