17 September 2007
I forgot to Stop, Drop and Roll

I made some Bunny Pasta last night for the boys and at the same time, Eli was desperate to have me identify all of the Mystery, Inc. Gang in the book he was holding. The pasta was safely cooking and I turned my back to the stove to read a bit of Scooby Doo when I suddenly felt very warm. For a moment it reminded me of the pleasant feeling I would get as a child, when I would sit very close to our wood-burning stove and my clothes would get really hot. But, I quickly realized that this heat was much hotter than what I remembered as a child. Then, a split second later, I realized that I was on fire! I grabbed a wet washcloth from the sink and beat my back with it. That put out the fire pretty quickly, but as you can see the shirt is beyond repair. I have small blistery burn on my back and several smaller burns on my hands. (I apparently used both hands to put out the fire. Didn't realize this until later...)


But, God is good. As my older two boys pointed out, this could have ended very tragically, because I forgot to stop, drop and roll.




But, the real kicker, besides my apparent lack of safety rule application. I ruined a really great maternity shirt! Argh!

Labels: ,

posted by Aimee @ 6:28 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At September 17, 2007 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok....so i dont know if i should laugh, or thank god for protecting....ok...i am doing both!! glad your ok.... :o) Love, Amy a surviving mother of 4 ;oP

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Aimee
Home: Lima, Ohio, United States
About Me: I own and run 123 Design Studio, a custom web and graphic design studio. I am mother to four wonderful boys: Max, age 10, Xavier, age 7, Eli, age 3, and Toby, age 1. Bryan & I have been married for 18 (mostly wonderful LOL) years. I eat excessive amounts of sugar and laugh inappropriately.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Other Wastes of Your Time
Some of my Favorite Reads