12 September 2007
Jessiah
Lisa, a friend of mine, emailed recently to ask for prayers for her nephew Jessiah. You can read his story in the news here.

Jessiah had the surgery and everything went well. Below is Lisa's latest email. Feel free to send up your own prayers for this family.
The surgery was scheduled for yesterday (Sept 11) at noon California time. The surgeon decided he wanted the absolute best anesthesiologist team available so by the time they all gathered it was 2pm. The surgery began and lasted longer than expected. My mom called me at bed time to let me know Jessiah was still in surgery, I prayed myself to sleep.

This morning I called my mom first thing. My brother in law called her at 1am our time to tell her the surgery when very well and they removed both kidneys. The doctors told my sister that he had NEVER seen kidney so big (the disease causes them to keep growing, they were larger than adult kidneys....I affectionately called Jessiahs belly a budah belly)

The miracle. Although it usually takes the body a few days to adjust God stepped in. The new kidney started to make urine RIGHT AWAY! awesome...not only does the body accept it but it works too!

My mom called and let a voice message this afternoon while i was at work. My brother in law called at 10:30 our time...this is only about 8-10 hours after surgery, to let my mom know that Jessiah was sitting up and happily watching cartoons. My other nephew Zacc, Jessiahs cousin, was also up and about walking around but was suffering some pain. From what I have learned the transplant is harder on the donor than on the recipient.

Thank you all for praying, please continue to do so. A quick recovery with no complications would be the cherry on top of Gods SONday :) a bonus would be that the Ronald McDonald house lets them stay as long as needed.

Labels: , ,

posted by Aimee @ 7:09 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Aimee
Home: Lima, Ohio, United States
About Me: I own and run 123 Design Studio, a custom web and graphic design studio. I am mother to four wonderful boys: Max, age 10, Xavier, age 7, Eli, age 3, and Toby, age 1. Bryan & I have been married for 18 (mostly wonderful LOL) years. I eat excessive amounts of sugar and laugh inappropriately.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Other Wastes of Your Time
Some of my Favorite Reads